I think this recipe still needs some wor, but here is is for now....
180 grams total almond flour and almond meal (about 1/3 meal, 2/3 flour)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp xanthan gum, and maybe a pinch more
3/4 tsp baking soda
About 1 Tbsp tapioca starch (or arrowroot starch, or....)
84 grams honey
42 grams melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanillaf
2 large eggs
About 1/2 lb strawberries, washed and chopped
About 1/4 cup organic sugar
About 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Spray 8" square pan liberally with coconut spray.
- Sprinkle nuts on bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle strawberries over nuts, then sprinkle sugar over all. Set aside and preheat oven or toaster oven to 325 (f).
- Mix dry ingredients in small mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in medium mixing bowl.
- Mix dry into wet.
- Spread batter over strawberries in the 8" pan.
- Let sit about 5 minutes for batter to hydrate.
- Bake until toothpick tests done, about 30 minutes.
- Let sit about 10 minutes. Loosen edges, then invert on a plate to serve.
It's not as beautiful as you'd want a strawberry cake to be, but it is moist and tasty.