120 g. flour blend*
1 TBSP baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp freeze dried parsley
Freshly ground pepper
A few bits crumbled dried rosemary
2 tsp dried chopped onion
Wet ingredients42 g walnut oil
1 eggAbout 3/4 to 1 C organic unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp lemon juice
Fresh thyme to taste
1 C cooked millet
1/2 C fresh sage leaves
1 1/2 C walnuts
2-3 TBSP soft butter
2 TBSP flour blend*
Dash of salt
- Pulse the streusel ingredients together in a mini food processor. Add the walnuts in stages so that chunks of walnut remain.
- Preheat oven to 350(f) and line mini muffin tins with 24-28 muffin liners.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Stir in dry ingredients, and add a couple of tablespoons water if needed to get a nice batter consistency. The batter will look light and fluffy, and I think I hear a slight crackling sound as I stir it. Don't over mix.
- Spoon mixture into muffin liners, flatten gently with damp fingers, then top with toasted streusel.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. For me, that was about 10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them. Mini muffins can get a bit dry.
- Cool in pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks.
* My current favorite flour blend is 6 parts organic brown rice flour, 6 parts sorghum flour, 2 parts potato starch, 1 part tapioca starch. When I mix it up, each part is about 1/3 cup. I'm working on converting that to weights so I don't have to think. Stay tuned.