Exquisite Turkey Meatloaf
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey, more or less. Preferably with no broth, seasonings, or anything weird added.
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 C rolled oats (gluten free, of course)
- 8 oz mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 1 medium small zucchini, chopped
- 1/3 C celery
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 T fresh sage, chopped
- 1.5 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 pinches dried thyme
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mush all ingredients together.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in an iron skillet.
- Add meat mush to skillet and smooth the top.
- Bake about 45 minutes or so, until done.
While it is baking, make the cranberry sauce:
- 1 C fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed
- 1/4 C water
- 1/3 C organic evaporated cane sugar
- 1/2 C organic apple sauce
- Cook until most cranberries pop and sauce thickens slightly.
- Add more sugar if you think it needs it.
Serve meatloaf topped with cranberry sauce. Like any self-respecting meatloaf, it's also good cold.
Note: For best flavor, use fresh organic vegetable and herb ingredients, and cage free organic eggs.
Sorry. No picture.