So, I decided to do it with lentils. But, I didn't bother reading the recipe before cooking the lentils. The recipe used soaked, but not cooked beans. And didn't use eggs or other binders. Hmm...
OK. So, I'll make up my own lentil pancakes.
And I did. You're welcome.
2 cups uncooked lentils
Your favorite lentil seasonings
2 T oil
1 T pepper vinegar, or your favorite vinegar
5 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup tapioca starch, or your favorite starch
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Cook lentils in water to cover plus a little more with your favorite seasonings.
I used about 1/3 cup dehydrated mixed vegetables, a little dry onion, some garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook them until they're mushy, adding water as needed.
- Using a strainer, drain as much liquid as you reasonably can from about 3 cups of the cooked lentils. Put the lentils in a mixing bowl and let them cool. Reserve the remaining lentils for soup or another batch of pancakes.
- Add oil, vinegar, eggs, starch, and xanthan gum. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in the baking soda.
- Cook as you would any other pancake, but make them pretty small so they don't break.
- Serve with cashew cream ranch dressing.
Cashew cream (A little more than 1/2 cup)
Organic mayo (A little less than 1/2 cup)
Apple cider vinegar
Dehydrated minced onion
Salt & pepper
- Add cashew cream and mayo to a bowl using about a 60/40 ratio.
- Add a splash of vinegar, a squirt of lemon, and other seasonings to taste.
- Stir it up, then taste.
- If it needs more zing, add more lemon or vinegar. If it needs more kapow, add more pepper or salt. If it needs more Mmmmm, add more garlic, onion, parsley, and/or dill. If it has too much zing or kapow, or if the Mmmm is more like Ohhhh, add more cashew cream and mayo.