Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cookie Dough Thoughts on a Rainy Sunday

We were getting low on cookies, so I had to take a break from my muffin obsession to mix up a batch of cookie dough.  It's been a while since I made quinoa nut butter cookies...

It's a wonder to be able to mix the flour while the stand mixer just stands there, patiently and faithfully creaming butter and nut butter and raw sugar and other sweet things.

Dump in the dry stuff, and the mixer mixes while I tidy up a thing or two.  And, voila! The exquisite, almost painfully beautiful lightness and fluffiness of cookie dough.

It's silly of me to feel proud.  God invented quinoa, and honey, and maple syrup, and pecans, and all the other goodness.  I didn't invent the Kitchen Aid. I didn't even invent the original quinoa cookie recipe. 

All I did was change up the nut butters and the sweet things and add an extra splash of vanilla.  I can't take credit for the skills needed to make the cookies.  God gave me the ability to learn the skills, and He gave me what little creativity was needed to change up the recipe.

Every good and every perfect gift is from above.

Which makes me wonder at intellectual property.  Is our intellectual property really ours? Do we have any right to claim intellectual property rights, when our very intellect isn't ours, but a gift? Maybe even just a loan?

No comments:

Post a Comment