- Classic pesto (Italian and Greek basils)
- Lemony lemon basil pesto
- Southwest lime basil pesto
- Thai basil pesto
So, here's another version of Thai basil pesto, plus a variation.
3 Tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
1/2 cup raw cashews
4 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
4 Tbsp regular sesame oil
1.5 cups Thai basil leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
- Pulse sesame seeds, cashews, and garlic until cashews are finely minced, but not quite ground.
- Pulse in the oils.
- Pulse in basil leaves. Periodically stir. If it isn't mixing well, add a little more sesame oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and add some garlic powder if needed.
Stir the following into the pesto, then taste and adjust seasonings:
1.5 to 2 tsp crushed/minced ginger. (Or, use about 1/2 tsp powdered ginger)
Dash of galangal (or more ginger)
Dash or two of cayenne
A little extra black pepper
|Thai Basil Pesto and Spicy Gingery Thai Basil Pesto|