The original Dr. Axe recipe is here:
Spouse 1.0 likes things a little sweeter, so I added some liquid vanilla stevia. I don't love commercial pumpkin pie spice, so used my choice of spices plus some vanilla. And I prefer an 8" or 9" square pan to a loaf pan for faster baking. But, other than that, no big changes to his recipe except for converting everything to weights. And adding more details to the directions. And topping with nuts.
So, here it is:
- 112 grams almond flour
- 28 grams coconut flour (30 to 32 grams if Trader Joe brand)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 183 grams pumpkin
- 56 grams maple syrup
- 56-58 grams coconut oil, warmed to melting point
- 4 large eggs
- 15 drops of liquid vanilla stevia (or to taste)
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 325 degrees (f). Thoroughly grease 8" or 9" square pan with coconut oil and/or coconut spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients except chopped nuts in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, incorporating well.
- Pour batter into pan. If batter is thick, wet your fingers to gently and evenly press the batter down. Top with nuts.
- Bake 25 -30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.