Sunday, cooked up a pound and a half of black beans. Added pre-chopped onions, celery, and carrot from T-Jo. A little garlic. Not a whole lot of other seasonings. Froze some, left some out.
And, there's almost always some cooked brown rice around here, either in the fridge or the freezer.
So, last night I finally got around to one of the combinations I'd intended when making the pork oh so many crock pot sessions ago: Pork and black bean chili.
- Grab a container of pork from the freezer and pop it in the fridge before you leave for work -- about a cup or so.
- Also grab a container of precooked black beans, preferably one in which you've put lots of the black bean juice. Maybe 3 cups total. or 4?
- When you get home, dump the pork and black beans into a pan and shred the pork with a fork.
- Get it started heating while you finish adding stuff:
- Pre-cooked brown rice - maybe a cup?
- Some tomato paste - about 1/2 or 2/3 of a 6 ounce can.
- Dehydrated garlic, chili powder, cayenne - to taste
- pre-chopped onions from T-Jo - probably 1/4 or 1/2 cup
- A dash of salt